Skip to main content

Featured

Main Character August

For the month of August, I am planning on romanticizing/main charactering every aspect of my daily life. Instead of letting imposter syndrome settle in, I'm going to wear the clothes I want, eat the things I want, fully immerse myself in my chores and homemaking. I am going to unplug from the machine that tells me what my life *should* look like. Instead, I'm going with what I want it to look like.  I've always dreamed of a Practical Magic, Outlander, Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the Prairie, Boxcar Children lifestyle. The aesthetic of those have always been my vibe, which I guess is really just cottagecore. I have always envisioned it where I am wearing neutral/jewel-toned linen and wool fabrics, carrying a handbasket instead of a purse, knitting all my own socks, gloves, shawls and hats. Serving a delicious lunch of homemade vegetable soup with chicken that I raised in a nice warm stoneware bowl, as I put a piece of my fresh, warm, made from scratch bread on the

Having Nightmares (But I'm NOT the Bride!!)

 A few months ago our neighbors (and friends) announced their engagement. With that engagement came the offer to assist in any way possible with the upcoming wedding. That gathered a response along the lines of “Reception... your place?”

To which we gladly replied yes. Because the view from the lake is killer and we have a pretty functional “cookshack” or community room with bathrooms attached. Also- that’s what you do for friends.

But seriously y’all. Why am I having nightmares about the wedding!? 🙄

It all started the other night, last Thursday or Friday. Right around the first full moon of October. It was one of the strangest dreams I have ever had. From zombies and ghosts at the reception to the dogs licking the unattended cake while we got the bride ready, I would have sworn I wasn’t dreaming it was so realistic feeling.

Isn’t the bride supposed to be the one having these panic inducing dreams! Not the lady helping prep and host the reception!?! Maybe it’s just a sign I’m super invested in this wedding and helping the bride have her fairy tale country wedding....

Either way, we are excited to see A & T get hitched and celebrate their love at the Little Herder Homestead in just five days!! The countdown has officially begun and we’re busting out some of the remaining tasks the next couple days. From finishing up decorations to deep cleaning and mowing.

Here’s to a happy bride, a love struck groom, good food, friends and many blessings! And a hostess who stays sane through it all.

Comments

Popular Posts